Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 17

Today was the day that The Guy had to get back to making a living.  So we left Munich and headed to Utting am Ammersee for the first conference he's presenting at on this trip.  Ammersee is a lovely lake about an hour west of Munich.  It's no wonder that they wanted to schedule a conference here - a gorgeous lake to swim in during the (very little) free time.  

After The Guy went to his first session(he was presenting), we went to the lake to swim.  It was lovely!  The temperature outside was just perfect and the lake was a bit cool but not too chilly.  (A man who was also there swimming told us that it was 21 degrees celsius - 69 degrees fahrenheit.)

The kids at the lake. 
 The Little One and I at the lake.  I was wishing that I would have had another adult with me so I could have gone swimming.
 The view while lounging on the boat dock.  (Do you see the monastery on the top of the hill?)  It was set up from the trees and so pretty to look at.
 The Little One walking around the boat dock a bit.
 The kids playing in the water.  It was a bit unfortunate that the boat dock was the only way to get into the water.  It would have been so nice to have a great beach to play on.
 After we got too cold swimming, we cleaned up and headed on a walk.  We walked down the country road to try to get to the next town(we didn't make it).  But we did get to see a lot of bullet trains go past on these train tracks.  And the country view was beautiful too.  Do you see the church peeking up through the trees?  It's what you see everywhere!  I love it!
 Our walk was pretty short because Woof-woof started to lose it(it was dinner time), so we came back to the hotel and played in their grassy area(and watched them cook dinner).  Sweetie and Woof-woof heard a dove in the trees(although they insisted it was an owl) and here they are hooting to it so they could try to see it.
 As usual, The Little One was trying to eat rocks the whole time.  I tried to distract her from eating that rock in her right hand by giving her flowers.
 But the rock still won.  And when I took the rocks away, she just ate the flowers too!

Dinner was a barbeque with the conference and then I headed the kids quickly off to bed because they were super duper tired.  Another lovely day to remember!

1 comments:

Dedee said...

I love the fact that she ate the flowers instead. lol!

Love you tons!