Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 16

I just had my prayers answered.  While downloading my photos my iphoto shut down right after I hit the delete all pictures on the camera button.  When iphoto came back up my pictures were no where to be found.  And the were gone from my camera.  Luckily after a pleading prayer I found the pictures in a spot where I didn't expect them to be.  I'm so thankful for answered prayers!  And now you can see what we've been up to for the past few days.

On Thursday we woke up, had breakfast, and headed out on the train to the Altstadt(old city) in Munich.  We arrived right in time to climb up Alter Peter(I'll show an outside picture later).
 We climbed it so we could look out over the city and the Marienplatz.  And we wanted to watch the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in the new city hall(pictured below).  We timed it just right to watch the chiming of the bells and the figurines in the clock dance around.  It was really fun.
 Sweetie watching the characters(he especially like the jousting horses).
 Woof-woof and The Guy.  Can you tell what kind of mood she was in?  ;)
 After the Marienplatz we thought it was time that we found something that the kids would like to do.  So we found a park(of course).  Luckily the park was next to the Munich JCC and Jewish Museum, so I spent part of my time while we were there looking at the building(the building had these really amazing interviews written all over the side of it).
 While at the park we had our favorite lunch - pastries!
 The Guy wanted all of you to know how much I'm enjoying having pastries for every meal.
 Sweetie loves having pretzels any time he wants(even for breakfast).
 Woof-woof was enjoying her drink too!
 After our park/lunch break we went on a walk through more of the Altstadt.  We walked through the Viktualienmarkt(an open air market), went to a toy museum, and wandered around some more.  Here are The Guy and the kids in front of Old Peter(the tower we climbed).
 The kids and I in the Marienplatz with the new city hall as our backdrop.
 At this point we knew that the kids were about done for the day(Woof-woof started done...), but I wanted to visit the Residenz(the "working" palace).  So we walked the few blocks there.  It was interesting to see.  Unfortunately most of it was destroyed in WWII, but they've been rebuilding some of it.  The parts that are original are amazing though.  To keep the kids happy we went through really fast.  And Woof-woof and I imagine what life would have been like if we had been the queen or princess there.  She especially loved all of the jewels that she could have worn.  (I didn't tell her that most of the jewels we saw were actually for the priests, not the royalty...)

Sweetie and Woof-woof with a statue of Pan just outside the Residenz.
 The Little One taking a break from the Ergo to stretch her legs and get a drink.
After we were done with the Residenz we got back on the train and headed back to our hotel with a quick stop for more pastries and fruit for dinner.

1 comments:

Dedee said...

I want pastry now.