Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vroom, Vroom

As previously mentioned, Sweetie and The Guy have been working on a Pinewood Derby car.  The derby was on saturday and we went into it expecting to have fun, but not win - we knew we couldn't compete with anyone who used a power tool... 

The eight-year-old boys from our troop.
 The boys watching their cars in action.
I wish I had a picture of his face the first time that his car raced - his smile was so big.  And then the next time when he raced and he took first in the heat, what a grin.

He named his car the "Money Machine"(he used quarters as the weights) and decorated it with dollar signs.

I think by the smile on this face we can tell that the day was a success! 

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Way to go! What a great smile....what a great activity!

Seamore Tomato said...

i won therd place

Human Bean said...

That boy has the most amazing dimples!