A few months ago I decided that my sisters and sisters-in-law on my side of the family should have a girls' weekend. We got everything arranged for this past weekend. Not everyone was going to be able to make it, but it was to be the start of a new tradition. After Catherine passed away we thought about canceling the weekend. But our husbands told us that we should press forward and still get together. We had a great time relaxing and spending time together. We had a few sad moments, but we also had some fun in Catherine's honor. It was a weekend of good food, shopping, fun conversation, chick flicks, and not enough sleep. Thanks to everyone who could make it - it was just what I needed after a crazy couple of weeks.
Watching Emma(one of the many chick flicks watched over the weekend)
My Aunts Rock!
(I found this shirt for The Little One while we were shopping and I thought it fitting for the weekend.)
All of us who were there.
We missed you J & D - we hope you can make it the next time.
The moose.
When we checked into the house the caretaker told us that occasionally people staying in the house would see moose and elk. We kept hoping that we would see something, if for no other reason than to tease my brother L about it(he LOVES to see wildlife, but somehow seems to always be missing it.) Sunday morning we were joking around about how we should at least make up a good story to tell L. Then we started joking about how we had seen a moose(there was a small statue in a window and a large statue at the outlet shops). A few minutes later I walked to the kitchen sink to fill up my water bottle. When I looked out the window I saw this moose. I yelled to everyone that I could see a moose out the window. Then I yelled that I wasn't joking. Everyone came running and we watched as she walked around the house(we kept running to the next window). It was really neat. (And when I get the pictures from my sister I'll tell you another story about this moose.)
My Mom and my sisters!
My mom was only able to come up for one afternoon(she was worn out from traveling across the country.) We loved having her there for that small amount of time.
A bit of shopping!
Waiting for dinner - it was delicious Mexican.
More shopping!
I think I'm addicted.
When is the next one?
And with who?
3 comments:
I had a blast! Thanks again.
E
What a great idea! Girls just need to be together sometimes. Gotta love the random moose.
Looks like everyone had a great time! What a good idea!
Post a Comment