Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Winner of the Costume Contest

We spent about twenty minutes putting together The Guy's costume (I can't believe I found his scout sash).
He won the Best Costume award.

I felt a little bad for our bishop who spent the last month growing his beard out for his costume.


Sweetie made his own costume this year.  He decided that he wanted to be a jack-o-lantern; picked out the material; drew out how he wanted it to look; cut some of it out; sewed it up; and proudly wore it.  He even entered himself in our ward's pumpkin carving contest. 
 (He didn't win which is why his face is covered in the group picture above - he was sad because he sat in the pumpkin judging through the whole carnival and felt his evening was a waste.  Getting his candy bag stolen didn't help anything also....)

Woof-woof was a witch again.
One of the parents in her school class painted her face.
I repeated the Wonder Woman costume.  The Little One was a bee, but in the mayhem of the weekend I didn't get any pictures of either of us.

We hope you had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Human Bean said...

That Sweety story reminds me SO much of our oldest boy. He puts his whole heart into everything he does and is always crushed when the outcome is not what he expected. He's getting a little better now that he's 12 but we still see tears on occasion. Not many kids would put so much work into making his own costume. You tell Sweety that he is wonderful for expressing himself so creatively and he should never change that- win or lose. And, I personally think that is a mighty fine looking Jack o' Lantern!

Katie said...

I am impressed with Sweetie's skills! His costume is awesome!