Friday, August 13, 2010

O What do you do in the Summertime?

When you move to a new city?

Do you try out the museums?

Or sleep on the floor?

Or climb a tree?

Or just decide to take a trip to Utah? If that's what you do, so do we?

We had a great time in Utah. I was a little exhausted from our last two/three months of crazy, but everyone was understanding.

Woof-woof showing off her face painting at the Pioneer Day celebration with Aunt E.

Enjoying snow cones and listening to Grandpa J play his saxophone at the celebration. (Videos to come later.)

Woof-woof and A hugging at the bowling alley.

Sweetie and R bowling. The masks were something that the kids found at Aunt E's house. They wore them the whole two days we were up there.

M, A, and the Little One.

I dared the babysitter to give Sweetie a faux-hawk. I thought he would go crazy at the thought. The joke is on me though, because not only did he let her do it but he's been begging me to let that be his permanent hairstyle since then.

As is usual for us, we had to get to at least one soccer game while visiting. I must say(sorry to all the rest of you Uncles) that this one was the most fun one that I've EVER been to. It ended in a shoot-out.

Happily, Uncle C's team won! Congrats on a great game!

Of course we went horse riding with Grandpa.

And picked amazing vegetables and fruits out of the garden with Grandma - both of them. I unfortunately didn't get a picture of the amazing apricot trees at the other Grandparents house. We've been missing those apricots. They were delicious, as was everything that we picked from our families gardens.

Of course I didn't have my camera out much while we were there. As usual I'm sorry that I don't have more pictures. There are so many other things that we enjoyed - I'm still sporting some beautiful bruises from my water-skiing crash; I loved seeing so much family; and I loved being able to not face reality for a little longer. Thanks to all of you who hung with us for the two weeks.

Now we're home and we decided to do a photo shoot this morning to get some pictures of the Little One.


Enjoy your day! We love you!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

I LOVE faux hawks and Mohawks! And your little man looks adorable in one!

You've had quite a busy summer.

Dedee said...

I miss you too, and this post just made it worse!

Love you tons!

Megan said...

glad you made it home! good luck setting up house, school starting and all that jazz. so so sad we couldn't be there when you all visited. just means we'll see you on our turf, i guess! love you all!

Katie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Being with family is the best. (I dig the faux hawk)

Mikilani said...

Wow! Now THAT is a garden!!! :) I'm glad you had some time to relax after your crazy move!