I woke up at 7 am and nursed the Little One. At eight o'clock when I was finished I mentioned to The Guy that I was really tired. He told me that he'd take the Little One, Sweetie, and Woof-woof downstairs and that I could sleep for another few hours. I happily laid down and went to sleep. At ten o'clock I woke up, walked downstairs, ate a muffin that The Guy made, and got the Little One so that she could nurse again. After she was done I got ready for church and helped the kids get ready. We went on our way to church.
Then, like a bad recurring nightmare, the Bishop stood up and said, "Happy Fathers Day!"
Oh man! This year was supposed to be amazing to make up for last years awful Fathers Day. How on earth did I forget again? And this year I didn't even get him a present. And to top it off there was almost no food in the fridge with the movers coming - we had egg gravy with noodles for dinner. I couldn't even make the evening a good one to make up for the morning.
I hope that next year is better.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Linda,
Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Sounds like the Father's Day experience is due to lack of sleep and an excess of things on your mind (and last year's was just a fluke!) Next year you've get to make sure that L.and A. remember and remind you!
ha! that is too funny! you have a great husband who made the breakfast for you. just let him pamper you as much as he can b/c usually it goes the other way too much. it was so great talking to ya'll. hope moving day went well and you have a wonderful time at the shore. we miss you all!
Linda, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. You are hilarious. I'm so distressed that I missed your goodbye events. I hope everything is going well with the move. Let me know if I can help.
Great story! Honestly, I think that proves what a great husband you have and what a great father he is. Just think of it this way...he got to spend more time with the kids on 'his' day. :) I hope I can find someone with such great qualities.
Oh boy, that is funny! I was thinking of you in church, remembering your post from last year. Maybe you just need to designate the day AFTER Father's Day as your family's Fathers Day.
Sorry, but I'm laughing my head off right now.
So you need to designate some other day as Father's Day. July 23 sounds like as good a day as any. :)
Post a Comment