Friday, September 18, 2009

First Grade Woes

Many years ago I was playing in the classroom during lunch. A bunch of us were playing teacher and were sitting in the teachers chair and calling role, while holding her role book. When it was my turn I broke a large plastic paperclip that was on the role book. After lunch when the teacher found out I got into trouble and had to give up my recess that afternoon.

Sweetie came home from school yesterday with a "Stop and Think." A Stop and Think is what the teacher sends home to the parents when the child gets into trouble. Sweetie sat on the teachers chair when she asked the class to sit on the rug. Sweetie said that yesterday was the worst day ever.

Somehow life seems so much easier as a first grader. If only paperclips and chairs were the cause of my troubles today.

1 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

I hear you there. Isn't it amazing how our children are so similar to what we were like when we were their age?!?

Hope all is well with you. Miss you and love you!