We live in a peanut free area(schools, etc...) Given this and my lack of love for peanut butter we rarely eat peanut butter. So far it's been a Daddy treat that the kids get to eat with Daddy while dipping their sandwiches into milk. (Blech!)
Woof-woof is generally a small eater. I usually plan on her eating a half a sandwich at the most for lunch with some apple slices or other fruit/veggie. We generally have cheese sandwiches for lunch - a tradition started years ago by a very cute little boy.
So it came quite the surprise a few weeks ago, when we had no cheese so I suggested peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch, that Woof-woof tanked on lunch. She ate two sandwiches and all her fruit/etc. And now anytime she eats PB&J for lunch I can count on her eating at least two sandwiches. It's crazy. My "little" eater can eat. She just has to like it! And who knew that cheese wasn't what she liked. (I can't believe it took me three and a half years to figure this out.)
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It does amaze me those "secret" little foods that those kids just demolish!
I'm always amazed at the difference between store-bought and homemade bread here. My kids inhale the homemade stuff. Not so much the stuff from the store. . .
I just love it when I stumble on something. . .anything. . .that they will eat.
Post a Comment