A few weeks ago The Guy and I went out to a play - The Producers. Perhaps we should have googled what the play was about but we didn't. We like to be surprised when at the play and not know the plot beforehand. Oops!
I should have guessed at the first word that things weren't going to go well, but I let it slide. And then I just felt like it was getting worse and worse, but I let it slide. Finally after about 2/3 into the first half we walked out.
And I felt good. It was so good to be out of that theater. Away from all of those crass songs, dances, words, etc...
Now I'm left wondering if I'll walk out faster then next time. Because I wasted an hour of my life listening to REALLY horrible things. And I wonder if I'll be better about putting down a book that has things I don't like in it. Will I walk out of a movie theater? Will I say something the next time someone around me says one of those inappropriate words?
I don't know. But I hope that I'll be better the next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Better courage to you next time to stand up for what you believe in.
It's kind-of strange to me that I've only left a couple of times, versus the many I probably should have.
I'm glad you shared this. Hopefully it will strengthen me to be better in this regard.
Was this the musical The Producers? About the guys who put on a really bad show and plan to leave with the investor's money?
Post a Comment