Friday, November 21, 2008

So many snow clothes, so little snow!

For those of you who live in the mountain west or the northeast this post may induce giggling!

Snow in the mid-Atlantic states is rare, and usually when it comes it is small. When you hear of those news reports stating that Philly was shut down due to extreme snow, you should understand that extreme is about 4 inches or more(and I'm not kidding). If the roads are slushy then school is canceled or delayed. The temperature hovers at around 34 degrees all winter making it all the more miserable that there is no snow. Cold and rainy is no fun(cold and snowy at least seems "normal").

So when we get snow it's a celebration! It started flaking yesterday afternoon and the kids have been playing outside a lot.



So right now they are outside pulling the sled around the yard(I'm glad I didn't do that last mow job - it'll give the grass a little buffer to not get killed by the sled.)



So you snow getters, enjoy your snow because this is about all we'll see this winter!

2 comments:

Dedee said...

Yeah, but you are coming to visit. I'll pray for a white Christmas for you!

Can't wait to see you and hope Puerto Rico is a blast!

M-L said...

very sad indeed! I am glad that your children made the most of it.