Our first night there we hit the beach and watched the sunset. It was beautiful and fun.
My nephew BBB enjoying the sun on Secret Beach.
Woof-woof enjoying herself on Blue Beach.
Sweetie looking for sea glass(ie: trash) on Playa Cofi.
Sweetie's leg after a jellyfish sting. I wish that we had some good pics of where we were when he got stung, but we don't. We were at Mosquito Bay swimming at night with bioluminescent micro-organisms that glow when you touch them. It was magical. We swam in glowing water and had a great time until we ran into some jellyfish. Then we sat on our kayak and watched the glowing water around others who were swimming. A bit of advice: to get a five year old boy smiling again after being stung by a jellyfish just have an Aunt who asks him to pee on her arm where she was stung by a jellyfish. It works magically!
BPB, BBB, and Woof-woof enjoying themselves on Green Beach.
If you look closely you can see a pink dot in the water of this picture. That pink dot is a bright pink floatie that Sweetie used while snorkeling(just for those times when he forgot to breathe through the snorkel).
We found coconuts and cracked them open to eat of the delicious meat inside. Mmmmmmmm!
In the jungle on a tour with Robin, our amazing tour guide, who showed us which flowers and plants we could eat.
Robin also took us to his fruit farm where we were able to pick and eat a lot of yummy fruit(bananas, rambutan, grapefruit, avocados, and star fruit). Mmmmmmm!
We also took a boat ride around Monkey Island. If you look carefully you can see some monkeys on the island in the background.
And just for me, we spent some time walking around the city and El Morro. I loved it but the kids weren't too keen on a day of walking with no "cool" things to see. Apparently they don't yet appreciate beautiful architecture in churches and old buildings. Someday...
Thanks B & J for taking us on a great adventure and letting us try new things and conquer fears! We loved it and we're looking forward to another adventure with you. Soon!
2 comments:
Yay! It was wonderful and so fun to see the pictures on your blog. I am sitting here grading exam and in the back of my mind dreaming of our next tropical destination!
I am so behind at checking out everyone's blogs and I have been wanting to your Puerto Rico photos. I loved looking at all the updates of your family since then but this was what I was truly after:) I LOVE IT!!! I wish we could have joined you:) Work is going well. Busier than normal with all the prep but I keep reminding myself that after this semester I won't have to prep and then it will be no work and all fun! Your kids are adorable and I love the little stories. Hopefully it won't be too long and we can all get together!
Post a Comment