Friday, November 14, 2008

Monsters



When Sweetie was little and started having dreams about monsters we started a silly tradition. We would run into his room when a monster was discovered, grab that monster, spank it, and throw it out the window. We usually had to repeat the grab, spank and throw multiple times to get rid of any extra monsters that came in while getting rid of the previous ones. And it always ended with Sweetie in a fit of giggles and the monsters gone.

Truthfully we usually had to do this with birds, not monsters, since at some point Sweetie became really afraid of birds. But that's another story...

Now we're coming into a new monster phase with Woof-woof. We now have to go into her room and do the grab, spank, throw routine with her and then she's added another step. She has to go to the bathroom. She only wakes up in the middle of the night when she has to go to the bathroom, but somehow the monsters are always there too - eating her leg or pulling her hair.

I don't know why I find it so funny but I do. I think that she should just wake up and have to go to the bathroom and leave the monsters for another time or just have monsters with no bathroom. But no, now in the middle of the night we grab, spank, throw and then go to the bathroom.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Man, such presence of mind in the middle of the night. I'm usually so annoyed that I was woken up (unless they are sick) that I'm not very nice. "There are NO monsters in here. You had a bad dream. Go back to sleep!"

Dimples :) said...

I totally remember Sweetie's bird issues. So bizarre I had to just laugh at the quirkiness of kids.

Lake Family est. 2006 said...

It never ceases to amaze me of what kids come up! They are so great. I love the humor you guys have and always have had. Have a beautiful day!