This week has been warm and lovely. There's been plenty of rain, but when the sun has peeked through the clouds it has been glorious!
We started our week off with a quick visit from Ken, Debbie, Chris, & Kyle on their move across country. It is always wonderful to have family in town. We spent Monday morning at MSI. Eloise loves watching the baby chicks there. Chris and Loren had a competition to see who was the most relaxed. It was tough, but Chris won out in the end. We had a lovely dinner at the point where Eloise commandeered the camera for as long as Ken would let her. Then we sadly shipped them off on the rest of their drive to Colorado.
This week has been one of the first weeks where we've had weather warm enough for me to want to go to the beach(we've been swimming in the lake one other time this summer and I definitely didn't get in). We got a paddle board. I was excited to have Devin and the kids try it out. Happily they love it as much as I do. We've taken it to the lake a few times now (hooray for a warm week). We've enjoyed being at the lake, playing in the sand, being with friends, and enjoying life. We may have gotten a bit too much sun on Friday, but we'll take the slight sunburns with the sun! (Next time I'll be better about sunscreen - what was I thinking???)
Today marked the end of the summer carillon concerts at Rockefeller chapel. We've loved being with friends each sunday evening enjoying the bell concerts and eating a picnic dinner. The kids enjoy playing together so much.
We are so lucky and feel blessed for all that we get to do and for a lovely week.

0 comments:
Post a Comment