As usual we started the month off with a bang.
And actually this party started on the 30th because we decided to make an impromptu trip to Philadelphia.
So we celebrated Loren's birthday a few days early.
He got some LED juggling balls. He is so fun to watch while juggling.
And then we drove off to Philly to spend time with family and Devin had a conference.
We went ice skating.
The kids and I went to the Franklin Institute to relive the good old days.
The girls especially loved the heart - running through it acting like a blood cell is always so fun!
We went sledding.
Eloise had much more fun fake sledding than she did real sledding.
Luckily Loren and Adelle had a great time.
Adelle wanted to visit the Liberty Bell so we got there.
All in all it was a great trip and visit with Ken, Debbie, Chris, & Kyle.
Then we had to head home where the temps looked like this:
The Polar Vortex had set in and we had to get back to it.
The kids had to head to school looking like this:
The stories they'll be able to tell someday...
There has been too much snow for the stroller so Eloise often gets taken around in the sled.
We have a new niece and luckily she lives close by.
The kids are already enamored.
Devin and Loren went out to Duke to watch Jabari Parker play a basketball game. They had a great time and I loved seeing them on the tv looking like this:
Loren loved being close enough to touch the players and Coach K.
39/52
Thought you might enjoy a snowy version.
One crazy event of the month - I was the birth partner for a woman in our ward.
I was really nervous, but I didn't pass out, I didn't throw up (thought about it), and helped her get Cordelia here.
(I admit that I can't help but think of Anne when I hear her name...)
Adelle and I went on a girls trip. We went to Palm Springs for a Mother-Daughter craft and sewing weekend workshop. It was lovely to be warm.
We enjoyed a quick trip to the beach after landing.
One afternoon I enjoyed soaking up the sun while Adelle was crafting (I was not invited to the craft they were doing).
The crafts were so clever.
The sewing lessons were just what she needed to propel herself in sewing.
She's confident now and sews often.
Adelle made a new BFF.
The friendship was forged because a) Ella has a similar name; b) she slept in the room below us so they could sneak notes and presents to each other all weekend; and c) she had a lovely dog named Butter.
They hated saying goodbye.
After the workshop was over we headed to LA for a little Disney love.
We luckily caught the fireworks before heading to bed.
We had a great day!
Six times on Space Mountain!
We were sad to head back to Chicago and the second Polar Vortex that was hitting the city again.
Loren is playing the oboe this year in band and had a concert a few days after we got home. It was fun to listen to them play.
And that is what I would call a great month!



















1 comments:
Wow Sweetie! Do you feel like you're the keystone of the whole band playing that oboe??
Post a Comment