Sunday, December 29, 2013

Service, Piano, and Thanksgiving

I've had the opportunity for the last few months to be planning a benefit lunch and bazaar for a service league that I'm a member of. It was tough work, but ultimately a fun day. The benefit raised a bunch of money for five local charitable organizations in the Chicago area.

The room all prepped and ready for lunch.

 Caroline, the other co-chair & I after it was all done.

Later that afternoon we headed to the kids piano recital.
Woof-woof getting ready to play.

Sweetie playing his pieces.

The Little One wanted to have her own performance so we let her sing and play for us when we got home.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We started our day at a Interfaith Thanksgiving Day Service. It was a lovely service with music and speakers. The organ playing was amazing. It was a nice way to start our day of gratitude.

We had a lovely dinner with friends. I'm not sure why this picture is crooked, but I thought that Lisa should make an appearance on the blog. We've been having Thanksgiving dinner with her family since we moved here and we love it. It's fun to have good friends!

The spread!

My plateful of food! Amazing and delicious! 
I'm thankful for good food!

We did our usual gratitude trees. This year the leaves were cut out of paintings that The Little One did. It was fun to have her involved in a way. She also did some of the scribbled leaves!
Always a good time of year!

0 comments: