Ange came to visit! We loved having her here. We're so excited that her work purchased a home for retreats in the northern suburbs, so she'll be coming here more often for work related events.
We hope she'll hang out with us each time she comes!
The first evening she was here, she and I did a boat tour of Chicago. We didn't take any pictures. (What was I thinking???) We also went out to dinner and had a great evening without kids. (Devin and the kids were camping.)
We took her on a tour of campus.
They're singing in the middle of an echo bench.
We took her out to the point.
We loved having her here and can't wait until her next trip here!
Thanks for visiting!
I went to Utah for a Sewing Conference.
Yep, this is a picture of cheesecake.
It was my dinner one night.
That's what best friends are for.
We still eat only cheesecake for dinner.
We haven't changed any.
We've spent a lot of years knowing each other.
My oh my I love this lady!
She's been there for me for so long.
I admit I was afraid to spend a whole weekend with her.
What if we didn't get along anymore?
I was crazy.
It was as good as ever.
She is wonderful.
Favorite quote of the weekend: "You don't lie awake thinking of that fabric line you saw online?"
She didn't say that to me. It was said to someone else.
She's just as nerdy about fabric and sewing as I am.
She even accidentally "tested" me about my fabric knowledge. It was so funny.
Perfect weekend.
Who cares about the conference - I got to hang out with her.
The Guy's buddy Jared got really into fishing after their boundary waters trip. Jared has been fishing almost daily since.
He finally caught a fish in Lake Michigan.
You should have seen them. They were like little boys pulling out all of their equipment to measure the fish.
It was an impressive catch!
I went on a field trip with Woof-woof. We went apple picking. It was a lovely day.
The kids playing games at the orchard.
Riding the bus, and crafting, like pros.
She and I were so thrilled - she didn't get carsick! Hooray!
I can't believe that it's been twenty-four weeks since we started our weekly picture at the point. We haven't been perfect - we've missed a lot of days, but we'll have a good number of pictures there from over the year.
We took a bike ride between general conference sessions to take these pictures. Getting outside was so nice. I love listening to conference, but getting some fresh air made me ready to finish up with a bang.
24/52
She's got a firm grip on these two!
We were throwing the frisbee around and an errant throw accompanied with some wind made a water rescue necessary!
Returning the frisbee with his amazing throw.
Warming back up on the rocks.
Followed by a bike ride home and the rest of conference.
So lovely.
Life is good. As always!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your September adventures. I love you all so much!
Awww you are too sweet. It was a very fun weekend started off by a very fun dessert dinner! I don't know where I have been the last 7 months that but it sure has been fun to catch up on your blog!
Post a Comment