I found some crazy cheap airline tickets one night, so on a whim I decided that we should go to Florida.
(The Guy was sick, and out of town, which really helped my decision making... Tee hee hee!)
The trip would have two purposes:
1 - to go to some amusement parks
and
2 - to visit our really good friends.
I present purpose one:
Day 1 - Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios
Picked because someone has just finished reading the Harry Potter books and loved them.
So I thought he would enjoy the Harry Potter world.
Walking into Hogsmeade is really incredible.
First up, we decided to go on the main attraction ride that has a forever long wait time. We were there early, the wait was short, so we wanted to do it.
Do you see those happy faces???
One of my kids may have screamed through the entire ride, forcing me to wiggle out of the restraining device so I could cover her face with my hand. The other may not have screamed for the entire ride, but did not like it. (The youngest couldn't go on the ride).
Great start to the day...
Ahem...
Drinking some butterbeer to calm their little souls.
Truthfully, the most calming thing was to get out of Harry Potter world and on to other rides.
(Actually, Sweetie did like the other roller coasters, just not the "one with dragons and dementors and...")
Pretending to be scared while pretending to ride the Hulk Coaster!
That's the way my girls like roller coasters!
Woof-woof loved the carousel in the Dr. Suess area.
The Little One liked the carousel as well.
She loved riding the Elophant!
(Elephant love is a theme for her now that I think about it!)
Beware the dinosaur footprints. They may scare your children.
(They roar when you step on them - it sounds like a dinosaur is going to come out of the bushes and eat you for lunch. I thought it was fun. A certain daughter of mine screamed! oops!)
Day 2: Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom
Picked because two little girls love cats
(you all forgot about the Aristocats didn't you)
and animals
and I thought they needed some magic.
You know you had a lot of fun day one or you're getting old when you start day 2 with a handful of Advil!
The Happiest Place on Earth!
Riding the teacups!
Flying with Dumbo!
(Sweetie is in the front Elephant, The Guy and The Little One are in the last one.)
Woof-woof and I enjoying the view of the castle!
Waiting for the fireworks!
The fireworks were magical!
We had so much fun!
Two successful days in two really different parks!
Hooray for the magic of being young!
1 comments:
Yay for Florida!! We want to go too! Glad you had a great vacation.
Post a Comment