Friday, April 27, 2012

Things that make me happy

It's been awhile. Here are some favorite moments of the past month:

The Guy and I went to the ballet. I couldn't help but snap a picture of him checking the scores...

For General Conference we copied some friends and made an array of goodies for the kids to eat when they heard key words. I'm not sure if they were getting the whole meaning of the talks, but they were really good at listening for the key words! And their little bellies were full after.

Woof-woof reaching for an Easter Egg.

Sweetie reaching for an Easter egg.

We got The Little One a bubble gun for Easter. I love the look of delight on her face.
The girls did have Easter dresses, the boys had new ties, and even I had a new dress but no pictures were taken on Easter. boo hoo! 

We had dinner with some friends where they taught us how to make sushi so we decided to try it on our own.
 Sweetie is an excellent sushi maker.
 Woof-woof and her friends have been making these fun headbands in school lately. They make me smile.
Woof-woof also made a kite (ie: piece of paper with a string) in class. It's a good thing that the wind was so strong that day. She was flying it beautifully.
The flowers are really lovely in the area right now. This lily brought a huge smile to my face when I passed it one rainy afternoon.
 Even better were these flowers that Sweetie and The Little One picked for me and brought me. 
This girl has got some personality when dressing herself. Sweetie and Woof-woof said she looked like a mad scientist. 
 The Little One found Woof-woof's ballet bag and put on some "key" ballet items (underwear and slippers). She then put her hands on her hips and did little baby steps around the house.

What a lucky life I live, with so many things that bring such joy to my life.





2 comments:

Paul and Angela Baird said...

Ahhh, the simple pleasures in life! Nothing beats them!!!!

E B said...

Now that I see them, I really miss Chicago spring flowers!