His day(in his words):
Well, there has been no part of this trip that you should be jealous of... until this morning. They put me up in this really swanky hotel that is up on a hill overlooking Zurich. It has a beautiful view.
This morning I took a little walk from the hotel. I walked pass the building that serves as the headquarters for FIFA (International Soccer Org.). I then walked on for about an hour through a really pretty wildlife preserve (a small forest) that sits on this hill overlooking Zurich. It was a really nice walk.
Then I went back to the hotel and had breakfast. Lots of fresh-squeezed juices, delicious pastries, cheeses, fruit, yogurts, and a nutella-like chocolate spreading sauce that they were making fresh from cocoa beans. Breakfast was super tasty.
I wish you were with me. You would have really enjoyed this last 2 hours. But, now that it is over I am going to do a referee report and then squish myself into a airplane seat for 10 hours.
My day: It was a Saturday and I had told the kids the night before to sleep in and to not get out of bed before 7 AM. Sweetie even gave Woof-woof a lecture about not waking him up if she happened to wake up before him.
At 6:05(ish) AM - pop... pop... pop... pop... It took me a bit to realize what it was - Sweetie's toy that he had made the night before out of a tennis ball. One of those toys that you flip inside-out and then it pops into the air when it rights itself. pop... pop... pop... pop... pop... pop... pop... pop...
6:10(ish) AM - "Mama" pop... pop... "Mama" pop... pop...
6:11 - Race to get The Little One out of bed before I have three kids awake at 6 AM on a Saturday morning. She's soaked through her diaper - everything is wet. I try to get her to the tub quietly. pop... pop... pop... "bat tub" "Mama" "ssshh" pop... pop...
6:15 - Find Woof-woof and Sweetie in my bed. Still trying to wash off The Little One. pop... pop... pop...
6:20 - Walk downstairs to get The Little One a sippy cup of milk. Sweetie and Woof-woof are at the table waiting for breakfast.
6:30(ish) - Read the above email from The Guy.
pop... pop... pop...
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment