Saturday, August 20, 2011

Waiting

I'm sitting here in our living room anxiously awaiting the return of The Guy.  He's finally coming home from London.  We made it through our two weeks!  
And we're also expecting another younger brother of his, B, who's coming to our place for the weekend.  If the rain stops we're going to have a wonderful weekend exploring the city.
While I wait I thought I'd let you see a few things of how we made it through the last two weeks:

We all had to laugh when we found The Little One's bunny hanging in the dryer.
We've been babysitting some girls to help their mom(she's incredibly morning sick).  Here Woof-woof and C are coloring some rainbow fish.
Sweetie coloring his rainbow fish.
We have another mouse in our house(which we haven't caught yet - not for lack of trying).  The kids are so afraid of it that they've been sleeping in the same bed at night.
How did I, the girl who has gone after animals with a pitchfork, raise such pansies?  I think we need some farm time!

Sweetie went blueberry picking with some friends.  I was surprised(and pleased) that he brought so many home to us!  We've been enjoying them since.
This past Monday, we went to the Shedd Aquarium.  We had a lovely time.
Here we are waiting for the dolphin show to start(or really dolphin check-up).
 
 Woof-woof watching the show.
 Eating lunch with this view was enjoyable.
 Watching the dolphins from below.  We spent at least 30 minutes sitting down here watching them swim around.
 Watching the beluga whales.  They are cute in a really ugly way.  They have a baby there and it was cute.  By the way, baby belugas aren't white.  They are grey.  Yes, we were singing the song.
 The kids were so cute in the penguin playground.
 The Little One loves slides and was so funny to watch going down in that penguin suit.
 We loved the jellies.  They're much nicer to watch in a tank(than to feel in person).
 The Little One LOVED the sharks.  She stood next to the glass watching them for a long time.
 We've done a lot of park playing.
 I've snuck in a bit of sewing here and there.  
 I wasn't sure if I was going to like these ruffle pants, but I love them!  So does she.
 More park time.
We made it!
And I only had to pay out $10 for my bad behavior(language)!  
oops!

0 comments: