A few glimpses into our week:
We had some moldy bagels so we walked over to the Botany pond to feed the ducks. There weren't any ducks, but the goldfish enjoyed the bagels.
We got an unexpected package in the mail. I used to play in this rocking chair when I was a little girl. It's fun to watch the kids play in it now. The Little One got right in when I pulled it out of the box and sat there while I made lunch, while I made dinner, and for a lot of that first day. Now she finds it hard to get "rocking chair time" - the older two are always in it first(and it's now residing in their room).
We channeled our inner Georgia O'Keefe's - taking small things and painting them big with bold colors. I can't find Woof-woof's picture, but these are what Sweetie and I did(mine was painted with the paper towel that was used to clean up the spills on the table).
A few weeks ago my friend taught me an easy way to make rice and beans(really why do so many recipes complicate things?). We've been enjoying eating good rice and beans since then. We had to laugh at the Little One when she ended up looking like a chimney sweep because of all of the beans on her face.
We've spent a lot of time at parks. The Little One is enjoying climbing and going down slides. Luckily she has two older siblings that love to help her with these two things.
On Wednesday night we found out that The Guy had to leave Saturday to go to London for two weeks - a woman in his department had a family emergency and couldn't teach her class, so he had to go teach it. We've now encountered as close to an emergency as academics get. :)
Wish me luck as I go solo for two weeks.
I need all the help I can get!
0 comments:
Post a Comment