Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 10 - And the winner is...

When we left Chicago we had no plans from today until our flight home on Friday.  We thought about going to the beach in Belgium, finding a farmhouse to rent in Belgium, or going to Brussels(where we are flying out from).
On Friday The Guy had the idea(while looking at a map at places within a few hours drive) to go to Amsterdam.  So we found a hotel to stay in and headed off.

After a short drive, we stopped for church in Breda, Netherlands.  The ward there was so kind and we enjoyed meeting with them.  (I don't know if I mentioned, but in Belgium and the Netherlands people speak English very well.  It was nice for church because it made it so easy to communicate with everyone.)  A missionary in the ward came and sat next to us during Sacrament Meeting and translated the meeting for us.  It was really nice to be able to really hear what people were saying.  And the cherry on top was that as we were leaving one family came up to us and gave us a plate of cookies.  It made me resolve to be extra nice to visitors in the future.

Next to the ward building was a lovely little climbing structure.
 Woof-woof was incredibly brave and kept climbing, even after a few falls.
 Sweetie fell and had to have some help...

And the winner, you ask?
Well, it's The Netherlands.
What did it win?
The place where The Little One really started walking on her own!

We were at a little park near our hotel having dinner and she started walking.  Just a few steps, but she kept doing it over and over!
We're on our way to having a toddler...

3 comments:

Bruce Baird said...

Wow!!! And I thought I was the winner for D'If, or Ellie was the Winner for Crunch? But no, its the Little One who will always be remembered for walking in Europe. PS. Do you remember that Spencer first walked at our house in South city?

Mikilani said...

I didn't even know you were abroad! I stopped by expecting to read about Chicago but instead was treated to a virtual trip through Europe. How fun! The kids are getting so big and you (as always) look great! Travel home safely!

Human Bean said...

Yay for the Little One! That will be such a cool thing to tell her when she grows up! I hold a special place in my heart for the Netherlands- my great grandmother, for whom I was named, was born there. What a magical journey you have had with your family! I have really loved reading your entries.