Friday, June 24, 2011

June 22

We can't seem to stay put in any one place for long.  We got up and packed up.  Got ready to check out and headed on another hike.  

I still can't get over how white the water was.  I assume it's because of all of the glaciers, but on that I'm not completely sure.
 Of course on our way to the hike(we're going to go behind that waterfall, so take a good look at it) we found another playground.  So we let the kids play for awhile.
 Sweetie was excited to show us all of the skills that he learned in gym on the rings.
 We made it under the waterfall.  Immediately to the left is water.
 It's a little easier to see here.  
 After our hike we headed to Bern.  We went to the temple so W & M could go through a session.  This is their closest temple.

Woof-woof and The Little One playing in front of the temple.
 We played hide and seek, went on a walk in the forest(there are multiple trails from the temple grounds into the nearby forest), and after all that found a playground behind the temple housing.  It was good to have so many options to keep the kids entertained while M & W were in a session.
 We ended up staying in the temple housing.  It's a bit different from other temple housing I've been to.  It's hostel style which was quite the adventure with five kids!  We slept in three different bedrooms and made it through the night.  ;)

Because we were in Switzerland we decided to go out for fondue for dinner.  The restaurant was very nice in trying to accommodate the kids.  They gave us papers and colored pencils. 
 Even The Little One got in on the coloring action.
 M with her fondue stick.
 W showing us how to not eat the fondue!
 The Guy and I!
We actually blew it with the fondue.  We forgot(didn't think) to ask for it to not have any alcohol in it, and they put quite a bit in.  So we had very pricey bread and potatoes!  (Next time we'll know and make sure we get the order right.)   

The Little One loved the high chair they gave her and lounged while drinking her bottle!

2 comments:

gail said...

I have so enjoyed reading about your adventures. I must admit I am a bit envious of your travels, (not the little ones to entertain, and feed, but the traveling part.) I hope you have had some relaxing times. Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

Kate said...

so fun to see all of these beautiful places! love reading about all of your adventures and seeing that cute family of yours. wishing you all the best and safe travels!