For the next 30 days, spend 40 minutes per day devoted to personal scripture study and prayer.
The Rules
1. At least 10 minutes should be devoted to prayer and at least 10 minutes should be devoted to the scriptures. The remaining 20 minutes can be spent with either.
2. While doing these, you should be as alone as you can be and doing nothing else (like riding on the train, walking to work, etc.).
3. The 40 minutes can be in as many blocks of time as you'd like, but should be in at least two separate blocks during the day (like 30 minutes of scriptures with 5 minutes of prayer in the morning and then 5 minutes of prayer in the evening).
The Results
I encourage you to send me a brief and honest testimony of the results at the end of the 30 days. This can come in a letter, an email, a text or a phone call. Only with your permission, I'd then like to compile all of the testimonies for distribution to the ward members. Even if you prefer that your testimony not be shared, I'd still appreciate hearing for myself. I'd also be happy to include the testimony without using your name.
For those that will be moving away, (i) please consider participating in this challenged remotely; and (ii) I will send you the compiled testimonies upon request.
Final Thoughts
There is no substitute for daily communion with our Heavenly Father for those seeking for direction, peace and light in their lives in the midst of great commotion and stress. I know that this challenge will be a sacrifice for most of us. But I know that if we make this offering to the Lord and make a sincere effort to renew our relationship with Him, we will be blessed in real and identifiable ways.
(Note from Seamore - if I'm not blogging as much as usual it might be because I'm reading my scriptures when I might have been blogging. I'd better get off to it. I've got a ways to go today!)
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is a cool idea. I'm going to think about joining you (a month late, I know.)
Post a Comment