Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lightly Toasted

When I was young(perhaps between seven and nine) our cousins who lived in Michigan came to visit.  One day while they were at our house I was making toast.  When I got my toast out of the toaster one of the older brothers(I can't remember which one of the two it was) made fun of me for not toasting my toast enough.  He said that I should at least get the bread brown, not just warm.  I don't remember how I reacted, but I still like my bread lightly toasted.

Today at lunch Woof-woof asked for cinnamon toast(i.e. toast with cinnamon and sugar on it).  I was toasting her bread and she said, "don't get it too brown or make the crusts hard."  She was really serious.  So I told her about how I like my toast lightly toasted and we agreed to be the "lightly toasted" girls of the family.

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Fun connection!

Dedee said...

Awesome!

I like mine nice and brown.

Love those cousins of yours!

Katie said...

I've always been partial to lightly toasted myself. We just have good taste!

Sheri said...

Love this story!