Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sitting...

We're stuck in the Chicago airport waiting for weather delays in Philly to stop so we can get back home. Given that there is nothing to do, I thought I should write a little update. Enjoy my random thoughts.

As you just read we're in Chicago. We came out for the weekend to have the kids interviewed for school(yes, they're going to a private school - more on that later perhaps) and to look for a rental house. Luckily we were successful with everything we were trying to do. The kids had a great day at the school and are excited to go there(we just hope they get in) and we found a row home to rent. It's a two year rental and we'll have room to host all of you who want to visit us. I didn't take any pictures so you'll have to wait until July to see what it looks like.

Things look good with selling our house. We made it through the inspection it looks like we're in the clear to close on June 24th. It's been a crazy experience and it's made The Guy and I not want to buy another house for a long time(at least until we're buying in a place where we think we'll be for a LONG time.)

Sweetie started machine pitch baseball last week. It's a bit weird to me that he loves a sport that I can't stand, but we're trying to keep him well rounded right now so we're going along with this for the time being. He loves it and I must admit that I'm loving watching him do something that he loves. It's fun to watch him learn more details of how to play. We just need to spend some time in the backyard with him playing catch.

I took this picture of Sweetie on Saturday night as we were going to dinner. He had put his hood on with wet hair and we were laughing at his spikes. He wasn't mad, just trying to act like a "cool" kid with spiky hair.


Woof-woof is just crazy fun. She just started soccer and is loving it. She has so much imagination and plays with her stuffed animals for hours. We just bought her a new addition to her stuffed family - a cat. She says its name is kitty. She is a joy to be around. In the picture below she is being an earth fairy. The paper around her neck and on her head are her necklace and crown. And they're hard to see but she has leaves all over in her hair too. It's fun having such a creative girl(if not a little messy sometimes).


Spring has sprung everywhere and I'm enjoying it so much. The magnolias and dogwoods, cherry and apple trees, tulips and daffodils, all of these beautiful spring flowers. Because of our warm weather a few weeks ago everything was in bloom at once. This picture doesn't do the blossoms justice, but it was such a beautiful day with the kids(I know you can't see them) that I wanted to remember it. Now I'm enjoying the azaleas and rhododendrons. If we weren't moving I was planning on buying at least six more plants for our yard. Someday.... ;)

2 comments:

Kate said...

ooo I can't wait to hear more about Chicago. can we be your first visitors?! best of luck with all the changes in the next few months. when is your baby due?!

Dedee said...

Love you. Have fun storming the castle.

(It's my favorite line for today.)

wv word=fridoc. I just want to say it over and over.