For some reason Sweetie decided to wake up early this morning, get dressed, and eat fast so that he could write a "report" on "William Shakespeare." He came into our room at about 7:15 (having awakened at 7) asking for the laptop and he headed up to the playroom to work. He came down about twenty minutes later and was telling us about how much information Wikipedia had on Shakespeare and that it would take forever for him to write all of it down. Then he said, "You should see the pictures, he's obviously not Mormon."
For some reason it struck me as being so funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
I don't know what he saw that led him to decide this. But I love watching and listening to him make observations and statements about the world. I love trying to figure out why he thinks certain things are important or why he thinks something(like he's not Mormon). And I do want to sit down and explain a long world timeline to him so that he would know that Shakespeare wasn't Mormon, but for a different reason than he was thinking.
He also wrote out "reports" this morning on Louis Armstrong, George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin. I like these kinds of mornings. I wonder what tomorrow will bring? (If they come back from school I'll post them - they're pretty cute and funny.)
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it! He sounds so much like my oldest boy. Kids Sweetie and Jude make us old people feel good about our future!
I meant to say kids *like* Sweetie and Jude- oops.
I was hoping that he typed the not Mormon part in his report! Either way, it's still a good story.
What a cool kid that boy is. I'd love to read his report if you get it back!!
I want my kids to do this--though they usually do it on animals, not people. Hopefully that will change soon.
Post a Comment