Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What impression am I sending?

A few weeks ago The Guy got a job offer that would require us moving if we took it. When he told me about the offer I kind-of dismissed it because I love it here in Philly. He was really surprised. He thought that I was just tolerating it here and would love to try someplace new. I was surprised that this is what he thought, because I thought that I had told him how much I've been loving the area.

I'll be honest, it wasn't an easy move for me. But I came into the move knowing that it would take time before I loved it. And the time has finally passed and here I am loving it. Apparently I need to work on sending those positive, loving vibes out of me because he's not the only one who thought that I would love to get out of the area.

Because of all of this, I've been thinking about what impression I'm giving off when I talk about my life. Apparently it's not as positive as I feel. Which is sad. So I'm turning a new leaf. I'm going to try to make sure that everyone knows what I love and how much I love it. I'm going to read those Philadelphia books that The Guy gave me for Christmas a few years ago. And I'm probably going to cry a lot if we decide to take this job and move!

Because I love it here. I love Woof-woof's preschool. I love being close to a fantastic French pastry shop. I love walking to Cloth and Bobbin and spending way too much money on fabric. I love our new ward(it's the kind of ward that I always wanted). I love all of my friends in the area(including all of you women who I don't see anymore since the ward split). I love Sweeties school. I love hopping in my car and heading to a museum or to someplace historical. I love outlet shopping with the ladies. I love my backyard and my garden. I'm just so grateful for living here and all that it's taught me. I love it here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I lived near a french pastry shop.

Marianna said...

Would this new job bring you back to Berkeley?! :)

Dedee said...

I need a French pastry shop near me. . .

Or maybe it's better that I don't--at least that one. It's far too good for my waist.

C said...

I really loved both of your posts. You are so right about needing to be positive. I never thought you didn't like Philly, for the record! We really miss it! Our last move was move number 13 (including 2 international stints) for us in 6 years of marriage. Let's just say I have learned that home is where my husband and children are and is completely dependent on MY positive attitude and ability to make any place home. Keep us posted on your decision...I am dying to know where this job offer is!? Love, Carrie H.

Jennette said...

Your post could be my own. It's amazing to move from somewhere you love (with a life you love) and then grow to a new love for the life you now have. I'm not sure I said that right, but you probably get it anyway. And I think that it's all part of the transition process to mourn the loss of the life you've built somewhere. And it probably feels good to have it out there on the record that you are happy where you are now, even if it took a little while to get there.