Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Have Hobby....Now What?

Over the holidays while with The Guy's mom, I bought a pattern for a hand-stitched wall hanging. I didn't know if I would like doing it, but I thought that I'd try.

Well, it ends up that I LOVE stitching these. I think about new designs and try not to work on them, so I can get other things done. (I'm forcing myself to finish smocking Woof-woof's Easter dress.)

And then there's the matter of what to do with these when I'm done(note to family - if I have your name for Christmas you can expect one of these.) I like these, but how many can one person have up in their house? And then what? So now I'm stumped. I love to make something, but what do I do with them when they're done?

3 comments:

Marianna said...

My mom used to love this hobby. She would embroider designs on solid color pillow cases. Maybe you could start an Etsy shop?!?

Maile said...

Beautiful! I second the Etsy shop - I'd buy one!

Dedee said...

Hmmm. Let's see. My birthday is in September. . .:)