Monday, March 2, 2009

Channeling my inner Hanna!

A few months ago I saw this dress in my Hanna Andersson catalog. (Sorry, I can't get the picture to upload on my blog so you'll have to go look at it.)

I fell in love with it. But, I just can't get myself to really buy anything from them. So I decided to see if I could make a dress like it. Here's my result.



I'm really excited at how it turned out! It was fun to figure out how to make it. If I ever make another one, I know a few things now. And one of these days I'll post some pictures of some other projects that I'm working on. (Including another idea from Hanna.)

Now we just need some warmer weather so Woof-woof can wear it!

8 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

That is adorable! Way to go!

Jessie said...

Wow! I really need to be your sewing apprentice! Great dress- Amelia would love that.

Human Bean said...

I love the fabric! Where did you find it?

Seamore Tomato said...

Oh HB, you are in luck as you live in the land of good fabric! I always spend a fortune fabric shopping while I'm out there and ship all of my good finds back here to work on for the next six months. Then I repeat the cycle! That fabric was purchased at the Fabric Mill. That's the one that over by University Mall.

They had a really large selection of cute knit fabric, but I only got two of them since I haven't sewn on knits much and I thought I'd try it out before buying more. This summer though I'm going back for more! Good luck finding stuff!

Human Bean said...

Much thanks! I have been wanting to sew some cute sun dresses for my girls and you've given me just the inspiration I needed! Thanks for sharing your great ideas. :D

Dedee said...

The dress is darling! I need a pic of Woof Woof in it!

Katie said...

Oooh I love it! I want to know what lessons you learned...

Jennette said...

I LOVE the dress....and it looked even more cute on Woof-Woof in person. Your talent continues to amaze me!