Saturday, January 10, 2009

Six things I love about my six year old

The beginning of our year always starts with a bang! We get to celebrate Sweetie's birthday. This year we were surrounded by family and friends. As is tradition, we had to start with what we love about Sweetie. Then he opened his presents and we culminated the night with homemade ice cream and chocolate bundt cake. Yes, my boy asked for cake. He must be growing up!

Surrounded by family.












Opening a present.











Asking Daddy for help reading a card.











Life isn't complete without a wrapping paper hat!










The chocolate bundt cake. You can't tell in the photo(because I tried desperately to fix it) but the cake stuck to the pan and didn't look as good as normal. "The Guy" said to me that it wouldn't matter because Sweetie was a boy and wouldn't notice, but Sweetie did notice and wasn't very happy that his cake was ruined too. All I could think when he got frustrated was that I really have created a food snob in my son! (Sweetie may have also been a little sensitive because he was already sad that we couldn't make his favorite meal of falafels and he had to settle for pizza.)

And finally to the six things I love about him:
1 - His smile - his dimples can make everything okay.
2 - His laugh - he loves to laugh and is always being asked to get tickled.
3 - His desire to learn - he got so excited a few weeks ago when we taught him about negative numbers. He takes after his dad in the math department.
4 - His love for family - he has always been so nice to Woof-woof and always shows us his love with hugs and kisses.
5 - His love for playing games - he's always up for a game.
6 - He takes care of himself when he can - he loves to dress himself and surprise me with his outfit of the day. He also thinks that it's fun to get breakfast on the table for all of us.

I'm really lucky to have Sweetie as my boy. He's wonderful and I love him tons!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a fun gathering! Looks like your big guy had a great birthday!

Jennette said...

What a great post! He is definitely a wonderful boy. I love getting to see him grow up.

Dedee said...

Ya know, those dimples do cure a lot of emotional ills. :)

Happy Birthday to him!

Unknown said...

I love that you call him Sweetie and I love that he looks so much like the Guy. Turning 6 is such a big step in life--the first step on the way to eight, ten, and twelve. I teach the 6, turning 7, year-olds in Primary. It's such a fun age for play and discovery, and it sounds like Sweetie is doing all of that and more. Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Dimples :) said...

I'm a big fan of dimples too! We miss you all! Happy birthday Sweetie.