Friday, December 12, 2008

The Guy!

I remember that he asked my best friend to the Christmas dance our Junior year in High School. We were mad because it interfered with our plans of a double date with our boyfriends.

I remember that she always told me that he called her "fuzzy" because she had fuzzy hair. She was distraught, he thought it was funny.

I remember filling his locker with popcorn, having the vice-principle call him into his office about a drug complaint, having him open the locker nervously, and then having him laugh about getting pranked in yet another prank between the guys and girls our senior year.

I remember when he got home off his mission he told my friends and I how he was "going to go on two dates a week" until he met the one.

I remember thinking that I was filling his quota when he called me for our first date.

I remember taking a class with him our last semester in college and being nervous that he wouldn't love me anymore because I was certain not to get as good of grades as him.

I remember telling him that I would NEVER move to Berkeley.

I remember him swearing, just once, when I egged him on about never swearing. (I was nine months pregnant and not being very nice.)

I remember that look on his face when holding each of our children in the delivery room.

I remember that sound in his voice when he called to tell me that we had a job offer in Philadelphia.

I remember him loving me still while I was crying because we were moving away from Berkeley.

I remember his excitement about moving to a new city.

I remember him complaining (just a little bit) about having to "dress up" each teaching day last year.

I remember how excited he was to open his presents this morning. He loves seeing what the kids pick out for him each year!


Hey Babe, you're wonderful and I love thinking back on all of our experiences together! Thanks for being so wonderful. Have a great birthday!

5 comments:

Jennette said...

This is wonderful! You certainly have a winner, and you two are make a fabulous pair. Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

happy birthday! hope you got some good loot.

Dedee said...

Love it as you know, and happy belated birthday to the man!

Elena said...

I remember some of those things too! Good times. And I still have fuzzy hair. I've accepted it. Happy Birthday!

Lake Family est. 2006 said...

Awe the memories! I remember 'something is going on and you're not squeaking'. I love you guys! Have a beautiful day!