Monday, May 12, 2014

GAL-avanting

For Mother's Day weekend, I went on a little trip to NYC with a few friends. 
We had a lovely weekend.

We ate a lot of yummy food!

 We wandered around Central Park. A lot! And then some more.



I took some time to go to the fabric district and do a little shopping.




We spent some time at the Guggenheim.

 We took silly pictures with the characters in Times Square.

We got soaked in a downpour. 
Luckily for me, these Argentine men had pity on me and put their umbrella over me during the worst of it.
 Then I found my friends. 
(Mom, all of this happened right after I got off the phone with you - it was crazy!)


We walked across the Brooklyn bridge, admired the new Freedom Tower, and ate pizza at Grimmaldi's. 




We ate a lot of good food. 
Have I mentioned food?
I think our trip revolved around where and when we could eat!

This was a Provencial place. 
Complete with candles only to read by. 
Ugh!


Then we prayed our flight would take off so we could get home. 
It didn't.
We deplaned and waited for a few hours and then tried again.

It was a great weekend.
But I'm not done GAL-avanting around.
These ladies are too much fun.

1 comments:

E B said...

That looks SO fun. Miss all you ladies.