Monday, April 7, 2014

Baptism Weekend


Wednesday we got a fresh blanket of snow over some freezing rain. It was so beautiful. It was a good thing too because I was not happy to see more snow!

Friday though dawned bright and clear and got warm enough that I decided to head out for a walk/run! It was so lovely.

Friday afternoon Devin's parents, Collin, and Heather came into town. 
First everyone had to hold and play with Malia. 

One happy Grandma.

And a happy Grandpa.

Of course we had to check in on how everyone was doing on their tricks. I'm pretty sure that Loren beat Collin in the juggling competition, but Collin held his own!

Us Chicagoans were so excited for some warmth (once again in the 40's) that we forced the Utahns to walk around the point with us.
The ice on the lake changed a lot in the last week. A huge windstorm had pushed all of it up into mounds along the shore. They were huge and fun to walk on.

The group on the mound!

Some of them may have thrown Loren off the edge and hung him there for awhile. Eeek!

The kids were off exploring the ice so Heather stood on the rock for picture ?/52

There were these crazy ice chunks. They would shatter into glass-like shards. They were beautiful.

I couldn't get enough of them.

Heather and I were so excited when we found this huge one. 

Saturday was baptism day.

She loves the look of the dress but says it is too scratchy on the inside so she's not too interested in wearing it again.
Why oh why did I spend so much time on it??? ;)

Before the baptism.

The baptism was sweet. Loren & Grandma Pope gave talks; many school and church friends came to support Adelle; and we all felt so blessed.

After the baptism we took the family downtown to see the river. They dye it green for St. Patricks Day and luckily the Popes were here on the green weekend. 

Heather and I got a little crazy with our St. Patty's spirit! 
(Thanks Mom Pope!)

That evening we had a lovely dinner with Cynthia's family.
Then Collin went to the Mormon Prom with Cynthia's younger sister.

Sunday was lovely. 
Adelle was confirmed, Malia was blessed, and church was lovely. 
We had a fun lunch together and then the visitors had to leave. 
boo. :( 
Clearly Adelle was not happy.

It was wonderful to have family in town for the weekend to help us celebrate Adelle's baptism. 
And we're glad that Nolan and Cynthia made the weekend extra special by having Malia's blessing too.
We're so lucky to have so many wonderful family members in our lives!




2 comments:

Elena said...

So fun to have your family in town for a special weekend! You did a great job on the dress. I'm positive I made comments like that on items that my mom had spent hours sewing. :)

hp said...

What a fun post! I'm so glad I got to be part of all this. Such a great weekend. Thank you again :)