Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Garden!

For my birthday The Guy told me that he'd help me build raised garden beds in our backyard. 
So excited!

I'd already started seedlings (they got drowned by the rain a few times when I was trying to get them used to the outside world). 

 I bought a few plants at the local garden fair.

 Then we got started. 
This is our back yard. It was covered in black plastic and peonies.

 After a serious days work we got rid of the plastic, put in the beds, and got the flower areas cleaned out.

I  planted vegetables in the raised beds and flowers around the perimeter.

 A few months later and the flowers look like this.

And the vegetables look like this:

And every few days I get to harvest some food.

I'm loving it! 
My guy knows the way to my heart and gives me the best presents!

1 comments:

E B said...

Way to go! Gardening is the best.