Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nine!

We stayed up until midnight tonight to celebrate the New Year.  It's the first time that our kids have made it to midnight.  As I was putting them to bed Sweetie said, "Just six more minutes."  I asked what he wanted to wait six minutes for.  Then he said, "Just five more minutes until I'm really nine."

Woah!

Has it really been nine years?

This little boy:
 with the darling dimples
 who was(and still is) so trusting
 and crazy
 has turned into the sweetest (there's a reason his nickname is sweetie other than a bear),
 fun,
 adventurous,
 food-loving,
 amazing boy.
So, I let them stay awake for five more minutes.
We sang Happy Birthday in multiple silly variations 
(I was trying to keep Woof-woof from melting too much - she was up much too late)
then I tucked my nine-year-old into bed.

Woah!

Did I really just say nine?

Happy Birthday Sweetie!  

You are loved so much.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! We miss you!