We drove south to Marseille today. Truthfully, we only drove through Marseille, but we were there so I'm claiming it. ;)
A look out over the Mediterranean and the island If. The Chateau d'If is on the island. Chocolate is up for grabs if you can tell me what book made that island/Chateau even more famous...
We wanted to get to a beach on the Mediterranean, but Megs & West said that they've had a difficult time finding beaches that are close-ish to their place. We also wanted to see the Calanques(think of fiords in Provence), so I went to a website that MLO forwarded to me(for which I thank her greatly!) that told us how to hike into the Calanques(otherwise only accessible by boat).
The hike was lovely and I already want to go back to try the hike from the Cassis, not Marseille, to see the Calanques that are on that end. (West & Megs you'll have to take a lot of pictures and tell us how it is.)
West and Woof-woof hiking.
Our shady lunch break.
The family!
Letting the sunscreen sit for it's twenty minutes before getting in the water(that wait is so painful).
Finally in the water!
I love this Guy!
The kids found a bunch of sea glass(ie: broken glass that the waves have smoothed out - ie: trash) and were built a very large, elaborate fortress to keep it safe - it's in the middle circle.
Did I mention that I love this guy a lot!
West started reading Enders Game the night before and after a little swim decided to read more.
I took one picture of Marseille just to prove I was there!
I had to take this picture. This is Vinon-sur-Verdon which is the town that West & Megs just moved to. It's a classic, picturesque, Provencal town.
7 comments:
I am so disappointed not to see The Guy and Sweetie in Speedos. Come on, When in Rome....
Seriously, what are you guys? Cultural Imperialists?
PS. Comte de MC
I see my erudite younger bro put his dibs in for chocolate before I could angle for the milk chocolate the boys want.
Personally, I'm OK missing the closeup of The Guy modeling his fav Speedo.
Maybe if we also got to see Seamore's pit hair...
Krb can have the milk choco (or maybe I should claim it for Jeanne et fils).
KRB, I didn't know who would get this chocolate, but I have to admit that the BB was the only person who I thought would get the Chillon question. And I thought you already got some sort of half chocolate share by answering the Sleeping Beauty question.
BB, do you want something non-chocolaty? Belgium lace??? haha!
Okay, now I'm completely bummed that I haven't been keeping up. This (sadly) is the first one I've known the answer to.
I, like KRB, am rather ok with missing the speedos.
Post a Comment