Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June 24 - Geneva

We started out Geneva by heading to the English Gardens by the lake and checking out the Jet D'Eau.  I didn't get a great picture of the Jet D-Eau, but you'll see it in the background of a bunch of pictures throughout the day.
What's the Jet D-Eau?  It's that huge water fountain that you can see behind Sweetie.
 After looking at the fountain we walked a bit more through the English Gardens(they weren't nearly so big or lovely as the one in Munich).  The kids found the sprinklers and went running through them.
 We walked over to the flower clock.  The time was wrong(we saw later that they fixed it), but it was lovely to see the clock with all of the flowers behind it.  And I liked how they made the numbers out of hedges and flowers too.
 We had to have a snack break.  Carrots for all!
 Then we walked through part of the city towards St. Peter Cathedral.
Then we had to stop for lunch.  
I think it was at this point the M & W commented that they couldn't believe how much we have to feed our kids and how often we stop to feed them!  (Just wait until yours get a little older...)
 Finally at the Cathedral.  This is where John Calvin preached for most of his time as a reformationist.
 I loved this room with the red and blue ceilings.
 Of course we had to climb the towers.
 The view was lovely.
 The kids enjoyed looking out too.
 I was a bit worried that they might fall through!
 Sweetie liked these "look-out" spots.
 The Guy and I.
 After we got out of the towers we headed on a long walk.  Finally we found a park to break up the walk.  Everyone enjoyed playing.
 Sweetie loved this zipline thing.
 The Little One finally likes to swing.
 We continued on our walk.  
If you're in Geneva you should stop by the United Nations of course.
The kids enjoyed the fountains in the heat.  
 Then we kept walking(we hadn't quite gotten to our destination yet).  What was our destination?
The Red Cross museum!  We made it.  But unfortunately we made it only minutes before closing time(it closed early).  Sorry Megs, next time!
 We had a little play time outside the museum while the men went to get the cars.

The Little One and L.  L is the first name that The Little One has said consistently after Dada.  She says, "ay-uh".  It's so cute.
 A better shot of the Red Cross headquarters.
 Then we headed back to our hotel.  I had to take a picture of our room.  It felt like what I imagine a cruise ship room would look like.  
 One bunk bed over the queen bed and a little teeny bathroom(that felt like an airplane bathroom).

0 comments: