Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter

When it was time to start working on dresses I had a bit of work to do before I could start sewing...
The finished results(after having cleaned the sewing room).

We had an Easter egg hunt with some friends. 
One woman made the most amazing cupcakes.  They tasted even better than they looked.
Don't ask how many I ate.
 The hunt for eggs.
 The Little One even got into the hunt.
 On Easter Sunday after church we had an egg hunt of our own.
 Too cool for pictures...
 Checking out the "loot".
 Notice that the eggs are only two colors.  We told Woof-woof that her eggs were yellow and Sweetie that his eggs were pink.  Then we filled the respective eggs with things that they would like.  The Easter bunny didn't buy any candy this year(something about a "sugar is toxic" article in the NYT) but the Easter bunny did fill their eggs with coupons good for things like, "a day with no chores" and "a trip for gelato with mom" and "two Dr. Mario games with Dad."  I think the kids were just as excited about those as about regular candy.

Dyeing eggs.
 Beautifully colored results.

Happy Easter!
I hope it was as great for you as it was for us.

And I hope that you all remembered the real reason for Easter because this year I'm so thankful that Jesus Christ was resurrected and lives.  That knowledge has brought me so much peace and comfort throughout the past year.  

1 comments:

Paul and Angela Baird said...

Too Cute! I love the pony tail! Reminds me of Lydia. You've come a long way since sneaking tootsie rolls to Spencer! :o). Guess we'll be the ones sneaking them to your kids now!