Saturday, January 1, 2011

No more waiting for 8!

Sweetie got lucky and was able to be baptized today on his birthday.  He'll be confirmed tomorrow in church.
I admit that I was a little worried about how things would go.  There was another girl from the Stake being baptized at the same time and I worried that Sweetie would feel bad that there were a lot of people there for her and no one there for him.
I shouldn't have been worried.  We live in a really great ward and a bunch of the non-student families, with kids his age, showed up to support him.  I felt so much love despite being away from family.
We decided to follow in family tradition and let him pick where we went to dinner as a family.  Out of all of the restaurants in Chicago to choose from, he picked Wendy's.  Perhaps I should let them eat there more often.....
It was a great morning and I feel so blessed.  I can't believe that he is already eight and has already been baptized.  How time flies.  What a lucky mom I am to have him.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a wonderful birthday! The pictures are awesome. Sweetie just glows with excitement!

Jessie said...

Wow- I can't believe he's that big! Seeing these photos makes me really miss you guys. The pastries just don't take the same anymore!