I have more than one thing that I want to work on this year, but only one that I'm going to share with you. It's one that I've been thinking of since my brother's wife passed away in October. It's something that perhaps you'll all be interested in doing too.
One of the things that really stood out to me from the days surrounding the funeral was what her kids and my brother didn't know about C. Not big things, just little things. For example, when asked what her favorite hymn or song was no one knew the answer.
My goal this year is to take one little thing each month and share that thing with my family so that they know that part of me. Some will be spiritual and some won't.
This month I'm starting with my testimony. I'm going to write it in Sweetie's baptism memory book. And I'll probably write it in my own journal too.
I hope that you write your testimony(or beliefs) down too. It's something that your kids will cherish. And if you happen to be a grandparent of my kids, be aware that I'm going to be asking you to do these monthly things too! I hope you will, because my kids(and I) want to know these things about you too!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment