A few of you asked why I've taken my blog to the private world.
When I started this whole endeavor I wanted to go private, but I didn't want to be annoying and make people get an account to just read my blog. It seemed a little selfish of me. So I didn't start out private. But every time I hear of someone's blogging identity being stolen I cringe(I've heard of it quite often). And when I hear the stories of people finding their pictures somewhere else I get sick to my stomach.
Then there is the fact that The Guy is a professor. I don't ever want his students finding our blog. That's why I don't use our names on here. Call me paranoid, but I just want our lives to be ours and I don't want his students reading about what we do.
Then the straw was that one of my really good friends got her blogging identity stolen. Someone was taking her blog posts and photos off of her blog and posting them on another blog and on a facebook page. They weren't changing hardly anything, not even her name. They were just using her name and pictures to repost as another her. (She found out this was happening because they were using the facebook page as a reference to gain access to other private blogs and someone emailed her, they found her email on her website, for more information.) I don't know if they were living vicariously through her or trying to pull some other creepy stunt, but the situation made me decide to go private(especially because her blog was one place that had mine publicly linked on it). (If you want more info on her experience email me and I can give you more.)
I write this blog so that those of you who are far away from us can have a glimpse into our lives. Truthfully I just write it for the grandparents and as a journal. The rest of you just get to reap the rewards.
I know going private makes it more difficult to read, but I hope that you'll enjoy it when you can.
Love you all!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll keep reading!!! I mean reaping the rewards! :) Thanks for the invite! I think with the way the world is turning I'm going to go private too...it's such a hassle, and not as many people read it--my parents don't understand the account part, but I'll just have to teach them I guess! Cheers to blogs! Cheers to private blogs! Cheers to SAFETY!! :)
Totally understandable!
I love the opportunity to keep in touch with you and get to know more about your family long distance!
I don't blame you. I keep meaning to go private on mine, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Yay for an invite! There's a reason I put up no pictures and keep things anonymous. :)
Love you!
Post a Comment