When The Guy told Sweetie and Woof-woof they sat quietly.
Then Woof-woof said, I don't like this. Babies slobber all over everything and I don't want my stuff slobbered on.
Sweetie was in disbelief. He kept saying that I had said that I'd never have another baby. He kept looking at me and asking if The Guy was telling the truth. I just kept giving him the "what do you think" eye. Finally he decided that The Guy must be telling the truth.
Finally they both came around to the idea and decided that it would be fun.
Later that evening Sweetie said, "Dad this is great. We're going to get a dog someday. Mom said that she'd never have another baby and she is, so even though she's said we'll never get a dog...." I couldn't stop laughing. It was quite the evening.
I'm not quite sure I'm ready for this, but ready or not in late May comes another one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
WOOHOO!! That's WONDERFUL! Congratulations!! How are you feeling? I hope you haven't been too sick. I love Sweetie's dog comment. Sounds like you've lost some credibility with that one... :) Hugs to you all!
CONGRATS!!!!
If you learned one thing from this experience, let it be this: Be careful of what you say in front of your children! :)
Congratulations!
hip hip hooray! i agree with woof woof though. babies do slobber on everything. gross.
Aw! Congratulations! That Sweetie comment totally sounds like something my kids would say. Hope you have smooth sailing till May and beyond!
You're awesome, and so are your kids.
Lets do chat soon.
What are you doing this afternoon?
Yay! Congratulations!!! I stopped by to look at your Halloween costumes (very SUPER, BTW) and got this lovely surprise. So happy for all the Popes. Hope you are feeling well. We should talk one of these days..
Too funny! Spencer says we can't have another kid because then we'd have to buy a van and that would cost a lot of money. The way their little minds work. Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!!!! You know you'll be in just in time for the midnight showing of New Moon--tee hee!!!
Great news, and so funny how your kids reacted. I guess we're in this adventure together! across the continent, but together =)
I had heard your news through my parents, but I didn't dare wish you congratulations until you announced on here. So Congratulations!! We are both very happy for you and wish you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!
Hooray! I'm so happy for you and for the rest of us, too!
Congratulations, again! Bring on the slobber! Sweetie and Woof Woof will be great helpers.
Yes!! Wonderful news! I love Sweetie's logic....such a smartie pants. Can't wait to see you pregnant (that is, merely looking like you had a large lunch)!
Congratulations!!! I'm laughing though because just about a week ago, I was on your blog reading and I thought, "They're going to have another baby soon." haha. We're so excited for you.
Love the way you broke the news! Woof woof's reaction is so classic. We're SO happy for you.
Congratulations! When will we all learn to never say Never?
congrats!
Ha ha!! Too Cute! Congratulations on your future puppy Sweetie!!! I mean your upcoming new baby everybody!!! I hope you are feeling well and that everyone is doing well. We are expecting a boy in March. Have a beautiful day! I love the pics - always!
When I told my husband, Mad Scientist, about the news, his reaction was, "I thought [Seamore Tomato] swore of that pregnancy stuff." Congrats and good luck! You and the guy will now be outnumbered. Many more adventures for sure!
Congrats!!! I hope you are feeling well, and wish I was there to help you through your first trimester as you helped me through mine. I guess you're already through it though. Your kids crack me up. I'm totally excited for you. In my three week experience of having three, it's completely blissful! Granted that's after having a mother who stayed for two weeks and a husband who's not-so-busy with school. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment