Thursday, August 13, 2009

Snaptastic Weekend - Monday & Tuesday

Monday morning it was time for the Women and N to take their adventure together while the other Men took care of the children. So H, N & I headed off for a day in Philly. The high for the day was a mere balmy 95 degrees so we spent as much time as possible indoors.


N had to take pictures with both of us at the Liberty Bell.


H and I eating skittles to give ourselves energy for another few minutes.


N trying to get out of serving in Washington's army. We tried. The fife band tried to encourage him, but no. He wouldn't.


N, H & I in Independence Hall.


N & H in Congress Hall, House of Representatives room. H was showing how she would be the Speaker of the House over N.


In true Philly style we had to eat cheesesteaks for lunch/dinner. He is N taking his first bite(well, almost.)


H taking her first bite of her cheesesteak.


We also visited Franklin Court, the Betsey Ross house, and plenty of other historic sites. It was really fun to have no kids while visiting the sites. And I'll never forget the crazy tour guides that we dealt with!

After we got back the guys went to Penn for a Squash game. Later that evening we had the Nerts rubber match. Unfortunately a new winner came out of that game, so we'll never know who reins supreme.

Tuesday we slept in again and just hung around all morning reading books. Then we had to do the unfortunate act of saying goodbye.

"Snap!!! I forgot to hide in N's suitcase," was what Woof-woof said as she was saying good bye to N.

Snap is right! It's a shame that we can't spend all of our time together playing games, talking Econ, and just having fun! We love you N, H, J, PB, PB, & GB. We hope to have more adventures with you soon!

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a grand adventure!

Waldo said...

It is so fun to see all of your pictures of what you're doing. I know that N was very excited to come and see all of you. I love these blogs to keep track of all of you.
Gail