Friday we ventured down to Washington DC.
We started the day by meeting up at the Washington DC temple. It was beautiful as always and it's a really great bathroom stop on the drive. Then the men took off for the historical sites and we women decided that the kids would have a much better time at the zoo.
The Men's Adventure
N at the Roosevelt Monument.
N at the Jefferson Monument. (I really hope that he got to see it from straight on, but I guess since I wasn't leading the tour....)
N and The Guy with the Mall in the background.
N and J. I have no idea where they are at in this picture. I can't figure it out. Capitol Building? Holocaust Museum? No idea.
The Ladies & Kids Adventure
Ready for the Zoo! We were packing up the stroller and I though that all of them waiting on this ledge were pretty cute.
Sweetie and Woof-woof on a bear statue.
Green Bear, Sweetie and Woof-woof looking at me while looking at the Sea Lions.
Pink Bear and Sweetie looking at the Elephants.
This picture is exactly what Woof-woof thought of the Elephant House(and the large Ape house). She would plug her nose and cry until we left. Luckily the zookeepers were getting ready to feed the elephants outside so we quickly went outside to watch the elephants come out.
Green Bear and H outside watching the elephants.
Other favorites at the zoo were the River Otters, the Baby Gorilla, the fighting/teasing gorillas, and just being together.
Woof-woof and Purple Bear enjoying each others company!
Sweetie, Pink Bear, and Green Bear posing with the Cheetahs. (Those animals are amazing and they were really fun to watch.)
Woof-woof, Sweetie, Pink Bear, and a Giant Panda.
This picture of Sweetie looks fake, but it's not. He was so excited for the Giant Pandas. We read a book about them almost a year ago and he's been wanting to make this trip since then. He was so happy to just sit and watch them. Luckily they put on a good show by eating and walking around.
The kids with their wet hair from the water misters(which saved the day and got us, with a bag of skittles, back to the car.)
More of the weekend to come soon!
2 comments:
Love, Love, Love Sweetie's hat!
Oh!!! Looks like you all had so much fun! I love the zoo pics! Need to take Aa and L to the zoo again. They haven't been for YEARS!!
Post a Comment