I was giggling with anticipation. Last summer we promised all of our friends in Berkeley that we would be back in January for a conference. But then The Guy decided that he didn't want to go to that conference after all. So we didn't go. And our friends got mad(not really, just that teasing mad). So they took an evening when they were together and wrote their feelings down to send to us. But then Katrina felt bad and didn't send them. I found out that they had been written so I begged Katrina to give them to us when we were in town prior to Memorial Day weekend.
So there we were. Sitting in the Marostica's front room with everyone looking on when the envelope was finally passed over to The Guy. He read them aloud and we laughed until we were crying. He made funny comments that I wish were on camera.
And here they are. I still can't help from giggling when I read these.
Julia is twelve. I love that she wrote this!
We don't even know Marcus which makes this one even more funny.
Katrina is good at beating Devin in Rook.
I guess Devin got the last laugh though. He beat them at Agricola later that evening. A game that everyone had been wanting to teach him. It was his first time.
Thanks everyone for a REALLY wonderful time in Berkeley. The food was great. My toes are beautiful. I miss teasing you and being teased. And your friendship is SO cherished and missed! We love you and can't wait for another trip back. I promise that I won't let us miss another conference!
8 comments:
What fun friends!
Heehee, that was fun. I don't have video (shoot!), but I have a couple photos of the reading: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39048710@N05/sets/72157619206739860/
Devin's comments after each note really were great...kind of like a baby shower or something: "Awe, thanks, guys! This is so nice. You're so thoughtful..." :-)
It was fantastic to see you! Hugs!
This post had us in tears too. I especially loved Susan's letter and Maile's description (comment) on Devin's responses. Was that all of them? If not, will you please post the rest? I think we should come up with more reasons for people to write Devin hatemail (just for the laughs, of course).
I'm glad you guys had a fun time in Berkeley. It truly is the greatest place on earth.
That's all. Although I'm still wondering why there is no letter from Doug. Katrina is it still hiding in your bills folder?
We'll take any lovemail that you have for Devin and we'll laugh about it.
I so need to meet these friends. Can I write notes like this because you aren't coming to family reunion.
I'm so stealing the idea and doing it!
Hahaha! That's pretty awesome. It's a bummer we didn't get to see you while we were in town - I think our trips overlapped by a bit!
I would laugh so hard if you really sent us letters like this after the reunion!
Cindy, I'm sorry that we didn't meet up. I didn't find out you were in town until the end of my trip or else I would have tried to schedule a lunch or something with you. Congrats again on the graduation and all the fun stuff ahead in life!
That is too funny! What a great trip, and what a bunch of lousy (and I mean that in the best possible way, of course) friends. So glad to hear that you had a good time. And, I'm still so jealous!
Post a Comment