Thursday, April 30, 2009

"The one good thing ..."

"...is that the Otter Pops are still okay," Sweetie said minutes after I found the basement freezer open with everything perishable inside ruined.

AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really?!? He's getting to that independent stage where he just does what he thinks/knows needs to be done. So apparently sometime in the past two days he decided that we need some more otter pops in the freezer.

Organic, pasture-fed, ground beef - ruined.

Frozen ravioli - ruined.

Frozen fruits and vegetables - possibly salvageable.

Otter Pops - completely fine. You can't ruin those %$!#@*#@ things!

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Arg! Sorry to hear of your mishap!

I do love how he is so optimistic! :)

Mindi said...

This sounds like a story that will get told again and again, especially when he has his own kids and is tearing his hair out over them.

I'm sorry about the food - that really is maddening.

Seamore Tomato said...

I must admit that the reason I blogged about it was so that I'd remember it and laugh about it someday.

(I keep thinking that I should take out my #$%# because I don't hate the otter pops anymore. But I won't. It's all about what you write in the moment.)

Dedee said...

I love you. Just thought you'd like to know.

(word verification--grangle. What you did not do to Sweetie after this mishap!)