Monday, March 30, 2009

Hailstorm

Last night it started raining. We went out on the front porch to watch the lightning and to hear the thunder. About three minutes after we went out it started hailing. It got really intense, so I took some pictures.




It's kind of hard to see but the rain and hail was coming down so hard that it wasn't even going through the rain gutters - you can see it shooting off the edge of the roof here.


We had a river of hail and water running down our driveway.


Once again the picture isn't doing this justice, but the road was a river of water and hail. It was rushing down the street. I was really glad that I hadn't gone out in the car - it would have been scary to be out it.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh wow! What a storm!

Seamore Tomato said...

And all of this happened in not more than ten minutes. Then it was done, cleared up, and back to normal.