Here's the fourth floor when we moved in!
Then over the very cold long MLK Jr weekend I started this:
Then we turned it into to this:
I added some of the kids artwork to the corner.
This corner I made into a playhouse. The kids love it. If you have any ideas on how to make it look a bit more like a playhouse, let me know. It is yellow in the corner, but I don't know how to make it look more official. I've been toying with the idea of painting shingles on the ceiling but that seems a bit funny. What do you think?
I wasn't planning on doing all of this, but then I remembered that my kids aren't doing anything but growing up. And if we ever move to another house with a real playroom they'll be older and won't want this kind of room. So I decided to do it now! I'm so glad I did. It was really fun. I want to spend all of my time up there because it is so fun. Now I'm going to start on my room - I must get rid of that mustard yellow!
6 comments:
It would be cute to paint one or two false windows with views of the outdoors (sky and clouds or a window box with flowers.) Also, I would maybe decorate a sheet using fabric markers to look like a brick wall or siding and hang it from the ceiling on the back side of those little storage shelves. If you were really ambitious you could even cut little red squares (like bricks) and sew them in rows onto a sheet and then hang it. And maybe leave a cutout in the middle for a window. Looks like a fun project and a great room to do it in! Good work!
I love how the blue paint creates such a peaceful space ... it's like you're up in the clouds! good work =)
I love it!! I need to come see your house for reals...why has it taken me so long. I've been meaning to pain our play room since we moved here (coming up on 4 years ago now--yikes) and you're really inspiring me.
You, my loverly girl, rock. I love the way it looks. I'm so doing that if/when we ever have a house that I can paint.
It looks wonderful! I like the idea that was mentioned. I found some board with groves in it at home depot. It has larger gaps then that of beaded board. That would look nice too. But it does have to be securely hung. We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. The kids had a hard time when we gutted it. It will look really nice at the end of the month. I am super excited!
Love it! Looks great.
Post a Comment